Dealer Resmi Mobil Honda Surabaya | Promo dan Harga Mobil Honda Surabaya

Can You Build without a Party Wall Agreement

When planning to build or renovate a property that shares a wall or boundary with a neighbouring property, you may be wondering whether you need a party wall agreement. A party wall agreement is a legal document that sets out the rights and obligations of you and your neighbour when carrying out construction work that involves a shared wall or boundary. In short, the answer to the question “can you build without a party wall agreement” is no, you cannot.

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 requires that any building work that affects a shared wall or boundary must have a party wall agreement in place. The act applies to England and Wales and covers a wide range of construction work, including building a new wall on the boundary, cutting into an existing wall to install beams or supports, or excavating within six metres of a neighbouring property.

The party wall agreement must be agreed upon by all parties involved, including you, your neighbour, and any affected third parties, such as tenants or leaseholders. The agreement outlines the proposed work and the requirements for carrying out the work, such as the hours of work, access to the site, and the measures required to protect the neighbouring property. The agreement must also outline the responsibilities of each party, including payment of costs and damages.

If you proceed with the construction work without a party wall agreement, you could be subject to legal action and fines. Additionally, the lack of an agreement may cause damage to the neighbouring property, leading to costly repairs and strained relationships between neighbours.

In conclusion, it is essential to have a party wall agreement in place before carrying out any construction work that affects a shared wall or boundary. Failure to do so can lead to legal action, damage to neighbouring property, and strained relationships with your neighbours. Therefore, it is essential to consult with a party wall surveyor or legal expert to ensure that you have the necessary agreements in place before starting any building work.

Scroll to Top